Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sleepy

Boy howdy, I'm tired today. You'd think 7 hours of sleep would be plenty. Apparently not for me. My body must need 8 1/2 to 9 hours to really feel rested. How in the world does someone get that much sleep on a regular basis?

I heard a radio ad this morning while driving my hour to work. Everyone is talking about making resolutions. This guy was advocating that we all resolve to get more rest - more sleep and naps! Amen to that! But did he give any suggestions as to how to go about it?

I work 10 hour days, and with my commute, it turns into a 12 hour day. Then I have meetings to go to, dogs to walk (ok, just one dog), a second job to work, blogs to write, and never mind the house - that work is never ending, which all too often gets overlooked. So I say again, who has time to get more sleep?

My sleeping goal has been to get to bed by 9:30pm. It's been my goal for a few weeks now. Have I accomplished it yet? Not a once! The one time I did get to bed at a relatively decent hour (10:30pm) I was awoken every hour, almost on the hour, until 4:30 am. The dog, the cats, the dog again (she worries me because of a few nighttime accidents she's had lately - but that's another story for another day), not being able to breathe (a left over symptom from whooping cough), AJ loosing it all over the bathroom floor, then almost loosing it again.... So that early bed night ended up being a lousy night for sleep.

So again I ask, how does one get enough sleep at night? Suggestions are welcome.

- Chel

5 comments:

Jolynn said...

If only I knew!

Kara said...

If you figure it out, let me know too!

Barb said...

I'll check back to see if anyone has ideas..

Nikki Neurotic said...

My body would only let me sleep for 4 hours today for some reason.

Christine and FAZ said...

I like to sleep 18 - 20 hours a day but then I don't get many interruptions during the day when the humans are out. Good luck with those early nights though. FAZ

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.