Friday, January 23, 2009

Hands

I am aware that the strangest things make me chuckle. You know, things that when repeated, no one seems to find it as cute as I did. I think this may be one of those times.

Last week my line of work took me to a nearby Alzheimer's facility. I love that population. Not sure why. But my coworker, Lisa, and I were going to a section that one needed a code to enter. Lisa entered the code, and just as I was going to open the door, I noticed a resident coming toward us, checking doors, looking for a way out. She got to us just as we were attempting to enter. The resident tried to push past me to escape, but I attempted to redirect by putting my hand up in front of her and moving forward. She wasn't going to be deterred, so she ended up pushing against my hand. The door eventually closed so she couldn't escape. But not before she said, without looking at me, "Keep your hands by yourself!"

I don't know. It just struck me as funny.

Guess you had to be there.

Chelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.