Thursday, March 22, 2007

Innocent little Kitty

Chelle and I both love cats. She has one, I have one, we are both convinced they are the prettiest, and cutest little things ever. And they are the bosses, too. When I crawl into bed at night, if one of them is sleeping (ever so soundly and peacefully) on my bed, right in my spot, then I have to jam myself carefully around them, so as not to disturb their peaceful slumber.

They both have a funny thing about their drinking water. My cat likes to jump in the tub right after anyone showers, and paw the faucet to get any last drips and then lick the water off.

Chelle's little Spy, for some reason, likes to drink her water off the edges of things. For example, I have a large container that I keep Anna's water in. Spy will push it, pull it, pat it, in an attempt to get some of the water to splash up on the edge so she can lick it off. Its even better if she can get it to tip over, because then she can lick what ever is left inside.

One of her favorite things to do is put her paw in a cup (anywhere from slightly full of liquid, to nearly full) and pull on it. After it spills all over the place, she has her pick of edge drinking. Just now, as I sat here reading over blogs and getting ready to post something, I hear the familiar sound of a cup about to be pulled over. I jumped up to try and rescue the cup (and surrounding papers) from the inevitable outcome, but I jumped too late. It frustrated me this time. And with the little remaining water left in the cup, I splashed little Spy. Of course she looked at me with indignation, jumped to the floor, and calmly cleaned herself off (then wondered over to the dog's water for her little sip).


The kitties about to drink out of the fountain until Anna come's over to check things out.

- Chel

1 comment:

Nikki Neurotic said...

My dog pounces on her water dish like it's a pool or something like that. Gets very messy.

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.