Thursday, December 21, 2006

Snowshoeing

I've been on the computer most of the day reading and learning about snowshoes and snowshoeing. I do a lot of snowshoeing personally (Well, I used to. I still try.) and in January I will be teaching a couple of basic snowshoe clinics. So I wanted to get some academia behind my teaching so I sound smarter than I am.

I found lots of very interesting and helpful information - everything from the history of snowshoes, to clothing to wear, types of new-fangled snowshoes, and the health benefits. But I have to say, my favorite tid-bit so far has been this "Deep Thought" by Jack Handey as he considers other possible uses of snowshoes:


"Many people do not realize that the snowshoe can be used for a great many things besides walking on snow. For instance, it can be used to carry pancakes from the stove to the breakfast table. Also, it can be used to carry uneaten pancakes from the table to the garbage. Finally, it can be used as a kind of strainer, where you force pancakes through the strings to see if a piece of gold got in a pancake somehow."

Something to think about.

- Chel

3 comments:

Janet said...

I miss Jack Handey's deep thoughts! I never heard that one, but I do have a few favorites of my own. Of course, I won't bore you with them at this particular moment.

Thanks for the bid and welcome to AOGB. I hope the holiday week brings you at least a few new visitors!:)

Erika Jean said...

snowshoeing, sounds fun....

... I clicked on a few ads!

Barb said...

Jack is so funny!

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.