Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Stories

No, this isn't exactly that happy, magical, feel-good kind of Christmas story. Its yet another one, or two, from my dad's life. If you need to refresh stories from my dad's past, click on the Family Stories label below.

Although there isn't a lot of detail in either of these stories, I think they demonstrate yet again that my dad had a legion of guardian angels following him around 24/7. Sometimes these stories just make you go "hmmmm".

My dad was visiting a friend, and this kid's dad was tired of them just goofing around so he put them to work tarring the tool shed. It was a hot day in August, and they were working with mildly hot/warm tar. Using mops they would dip into the tar and then slurry it all over the roof. Well, boys will be boys, and I'm sure you can guess what happened. One bumped the other and things got out of hand from there. They ended up covered head to toe in the stuff.


How does one remove tar off skin. Well short of simply ripping and scrubbing and scraping the tar along with skin, right off, there are very few ways. The method used in this case was a bath - a pure gasoline bath. Sitting in a tub full of it.

I might opt for the scrubbing and scraping method myself.

The second story requires a picture to do it justice which I don't have access to right now. I'll work on that. In the meantime, don't go playing in any tar.

-Chel

No comments:

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.