Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Painting Prep

Since Chelle is a couple of months into the last year of her master's program and working two jobs, it leaves it up to me to try and keep this blog moving in some direction or another. So that's what I'm gonna do.

About 2 months ago or so a friend of ours from PA had about a day layover as she flew from CA back home. So she came and hung out with us. She loves to do yard work, and offered to come back sometime when she could spent some time working on a yard project. At first I considered having her help cut down a very large, and dying, evergreen in my front yard. Then I had this brilliant idea to paint my house instead.

My days are such that I have pretty much two entire days during the week where I can work on getting it ready. So I began the tedious effort of scraping the terribly peeling walls. One side took me about 2 1/2 weeks just to get it scraped. Today I finally finished scraping the main house, and am now working on the car port. Then its time to sand a few areas that are in great need of sanding. And the entire thing still needs to be primed. I have two more days to finish it until our friend flies in. I have been doing this pretty much by myself so its been quite a chore. There are teenagers living here of course, and they would be very capable of helping me in so many ways...ya, like I said, I've been doing this pretty much on my own.


I hope there isn't lead in the paint, because I'm sure I've eaten a few paint flecks.

Maybe I should have stuck with removing the tree.

-Chel

1 comment:

Jolynn said...

I agree, I'm thinking you should have cut down the tree. Getting the house ready to paint, does not sound even remotely fun or satisfying in any way. Good luck and I bet it will fabulous!

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.