Thursday, August 02, 2007

Third Party

The other night I was working with a fairly new girl we'll call Maris. She got a phone call from a contract for which we answer after hours lines. The man who called demanded Maris make him an appointment. She calmly explained we can't do that since we are in a different location, the phones have been transferred to us, and we don't have the schedule books. He was livid. Unfortunately, the phones were so busy, she had to put him on hold.

I was done with my calls before she was, so I picked him up. I think the time on hold made him even more irate. He demanded to know what good we were in an emergency. I assured him making an appt is not an emergency. He went on to yell about my uselessness. I ended the call.
Moments later, Maris got a call from the same guy. He let her know that he had informed a third party of our lack of professionalism and hung up. She turned to me and relayed the message, joking that he was such a whiner, the third party was probably his mommy.

About half an hour passed when Maris got yet another call from the contract. Her eyes went wide as she listened, she glanced over at me, and mouthed the words, "Third party." My interest was piqued. She finished the call and explained the scheduling process to Third Party. When she hung up, she looked at me and burst out laughing.

It was his mother.

5 comments:

Kara said...

LOL! That is too funny!

Nikki Neurotic said...

Gee, I wonder why he needed to make an appointment in the first place. ;)

Anonymous said...

That is TO funny! DH and I had a good laugh over this one!

Unknown said...

At first I really thought it was my FIL that called in, but he hasn't got a mother. I love that he tattled on Maris

Wendy said...

Oh yeah. I remember now why I quit working phones. how funny!

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.