Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What the..?

Little kids are cute. I had the lovely opportunity yesterday to tend my little 3 year old niece. She reminds me of me when I was her age - learning and saying new "adult" type things.

A few of her favorite phrases that we find ourselves repeating quite frequently are:

As an affirmative answer to everything, rather than a simple "yes" or "uh hu" she says: "sure" with emphasis in all the right places to make it sound perfectly cute.

When she sees something that is new or odd to her, its: "What the...." only it's all one word, more like "whada...?"

In talking about her "princesses", as she names them, she squats down, and then jumps up as she says each name ("and I saw Cinderella" ::jump:: "and Bell" ::jump:: "and Snow White" ::jump:: etc). So sometimes I find myself listing things the same way.

Some things are just exciting enough to jump about!

-Chel

2 comments:

Kara said...

Aw, she sounds adorable!

Angie said...

Awww what a sweet heart! When my daughter was little she would say her scribbles were 'abstract'. (my mom taught her that word)

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.