Friday, December 29, 2006

I Love Cats


SYDNEY (Reuters) - An alert tabby cat saved an Australian family of four from a house fire by clawing at its owner's face, emergency officials said Friday.

Timmy the tabby sprang into action by waking his unidentified owner when a mattress caught fire as the family slept early Friday in Cairns in Australia's tropical north.

"The cat was probably the best smoke alarm system ... it was clawing at the occupant's face and got him up and out of bed," Cairns fire service spokesman Robert White-Macfarlane told reporters.

The man was then able to wake his family and call for help.

White-Macfarlane said the fire was probably started by a cigarette but added that the home had suffered only minor damage because of the cat's intervention.

Here's the story link. (Link.)

Chelle

3 comments:

Mike said...

It just goes to show that pets can be great assets to have in your home.

Skittles said...

Hurray for Timmy!

Lexa Roséan said...

wow that's a cool cat story. congrats on winning bestest blog :)

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.